The time is upon us once again for the infamous ASW. If you’ve never been, you may have heard stories. If you have been, you may be dreading the inevitable lack of sleep, post-party headaches and smoke-infested casinos. However, there are several things you can do to make this experience ideal. At the end of the day, many advertisers, agencies, networks and partners will be in Vegas during this time and it is an incredible time to meet with everyone face to face and build strong quality relationships.
Here is a list of our 12 things to make ASW awesome:
- If you’re not planning on wearing the most comfortable shoes in your closet, bring a different pair for every day. The more frequently you can change your shoes the better.
- Pack light: 3 outfit and 3 dresses (for ladies) is plenty.
- Emergen-C: take some every morning.
- Ibuprophen: have it on you at all times.
- Eye Drops: if smoke bothers you, bring some.
- Bring a water bottle and keep it full at all times. It’s easy to get dehydrated.
- Meetings should ideally start after 10 am. Only schedule beforehand if you absolutely must.
- Put everyone’s cell phone numbers in your meeting invites.
- Scope out your meeting area early. The worst thing is to be scrambling to find a table at JJ’s for ten minutes to start off your meeting.
- Do 30 minute meetings.
- Get in Saturday, leave Tuesday. Recommendation is to have fun/party Saturday, take it easy Sunday and have fun Monday. Do not schedule Tuesday meetings.
- If someone is trying to explain his or her company to you and it doesn’t seem to make sense, find a polite way to leave the conversation.